Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day Two Hundred One

Dear Readers,
      I have the pleasure of having another guest blogger today.  My father in law, Mark.  I think he actually enjoys doing these and am guessing this won't be the last you hear from him.  So enjoy the words of Mark Piliavin.

      I'd like to thank David for the privilege of allowing me to be a guest blogger again. I originally thought the idea of beard blogging, and sharing ones existence under the pretext of growing a beard, was pretty dumb. For a quasi intellectual like David, he would be able to share his world like normal people. With speech. As I started to read his blogs, I began to change my original opinion. I got a chance to get a real glimpse into by daughter's life, what she's doing, what she's feeling, even though I don't see her or talk to her as much as I used to before she got married. It's actually quite enjoyable, and I do look forward to reading the blogs. I don't quite understand why it's turned into a roast of certain people. I realize it's supposed to all be in fun, blah blah, but some of it can rub people the wrong way. Matt and Chris's attempt to counter the blog, started out funny, but all I could think of was almond joy's, and phrases that Matt had never heard before, which led me to curtail my language around  certain people. Back to  the "fear the beard" thing. As David's beard continues to fester out of control, it's not fear I'm feeling. It's more like curiosity. Curiosity, in the manner of how and what to compare his beard to. The first thing that comes to mind is a pumpkin with hair all over it. No shape, no style, just a mass of  tangled, discolored yuck. Kind of like the mangroves that you see in the bogs in New Orleans. I than thought of a colander full of cooked noodles, but I enjoy that, so forget it. All the pictures that David has enclosed showing beards, show beards that look decent. They have a nice shape to them, and look distinguished. That is not a word I would use on David's. I've offered to pay him to at least shape the thing, but he refused. I even thought of having Brent / Brandon / Matt and myself hog tie him in the middle of the night, and shape it for him. I'd upset my daughter though, and anyone who knows Raina would not like the wrath that would surely follow. Anyway, I'm waiting for the day it gets shaved. Gillette ought to do a commercial. It might take 47 blades so their idea of a sharp edge would go down the drain. Maybe a tool company with a titanium blade would like a shot at it. Or a saw company. I'll sell tickets.

This Day In History: 1879
"Doc" Holliday commits his first murder, killing a man for shooting up his New Mexico saloon.  Despite his formidable reputation as a deadly gunslinger, Holliday engaged in only eight shootouts during his life, and it has only been verified that he killed two men.

Born This Day: 1814
Samuel Colt - American inventor of the colt revolver handgun.

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends."
- Baltasar Gracian




Mark's great-grandfather, Lazer.  What a cool name.  I hope I spelled it right.  Either way, he is sporting a pretty awesome beard.  Time for Mark to grow his out.

No comments:

Post a Comment