Friday, July 20, 2012

Day Two Hundred Two

Dear Readers,
      Another busy day today, but a very pleasant day with my wife.  At least half day that is.  I spent this morning playing  soccer.  Yup, you heard me right.  I play soccer from time to time.  With the guys from work.  It started a couple years ago, maybe a little less.  My boss from work challenged another department to a soccer match.  So we started playing from time to time.  Eventually playing the other department three times.  We even had a trophy and uniforms, the whole bit.  It was pretty goofy, but it was a good time getting out and doing something active and competitive.  We hadn't played in months and then this week they just decided that they wanted to start playing again.  So we spent this morning playing a game of soccer.  It was stinking hot and I was winded way to quickly.  I really need to hit the gym hard after my class is done in a couple of weeks.  I had a good time, even though I am completely terrible at soccer.  That's what happens when you have heavy feet like I do.
      Afterwards, Raina and I went to the Rip Curl outlet in Santa Ana.  I had bought a pair of shorts a few weeks back, then I wore them on our way up to Berkeley two weeks ago.  While on our way up, I noticed a draft in my shorts on my right leg.  The seam on my right leg had come undone and was leaving a gaping hole.  It was a real bummer because I really liked those shorts.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to find the same ones since it was an outlet.  At least when I took it back they gave me a credit that was for more money than I originally paid for them.  This time it paid to not have a receipt.  We did a little shopping, I bought Raina a fancy new jacket and myself a new shirt.  I couldn't find a good pair of shorts in my size to replace the torn ones, even though that is what I really wanted. 
      Raina and I also finally got our running shoes that we have been talking about getting for months now.  I was supposed to get a new pair before we did our half marathon in February.  My parents gave me some money for a new pair of shoes for Christmas and I am now finally cashing in on that.  We get our shoes at Roadrunners in Costa Mesa.  They specializing in running gear.  I even went through their little testing process to help you figure out which shoe is best for you, based on how you run and the way your feet are shaped.  It must have been difficult for them to find the proper shoe for my awkward wide feet.  They did though and I loved my shoes.  I definitely got my moneys worth.  They don't make the same shoe anymore, so I had to get a new shoe that is comparable to the pair I used to wear.  Hopefully I will get the same kind of mileage out of these bad boys.
      We topped off our afternoon together with a trip to Sonic's for a cherry slush and some tator tots.  They make the best cherry slush and who doesn't love getting their food served to them in their car.  You don't even have to get out.  Just hit the button, order your food, roll down the windows and relax until your food shows up.  They even roll up on roller skates.  Just wish there was one closer to home.

This Day In History: 1985
Treasure hunters find the Spanish galleon Nuestra Senora de Atocha, which sank 40 miles off the coast of Key Yest, Florida, in 1622.  They also discovered her cargo of $400 million in coins and silver ingots, the biggest underwater jackpot in history.

Born This Day: 1938
Natalie Wood - American actress

"There are several good protections against temptation, but the surest is cowardice."
-Mark Twain








I love Obi Wan.

No comments:

Post a Comment