Friday, July 27, 2012

Day Two Hundred Nine

Dear Readers,
      Opening ceremonies for the Olympics were today.  It has officially started.  My seventeen days of sporting overload.  I have set our DVR up for the next week or so, and I have a feeling that we are going to fill it up fairly quickly unless we actually watch them every night.  Okay, it is probably more me filling up the DVR, but Raina does watch most of them with me, if not all of them.  We are about to watch the Opening Ceremonies and I am sure we have a few events recording for tomorrow.  I even got a new shirt today at the Nike Store to support my country.  Raina got it for me for my birthday.  It is pretty stinking awesome.
      Can you believe how much money has gone into this Olympics?  Isn't amazing to think about where all this money must come from in the "recession" that we are all in.  It just shows how important this event is on such a global level.  All these different countries and diverse cultures that are taking part in this.  The whole world converging in one place. 
      While I was out and about with Raina today, we noticed a flyer for an art gallery opening for tomorrow night.  It is a Star Wars art show of all things.  I couldn't believe my luck of seeing that flyer one day before opening night.  A kickoff night with food trucks and music from the Cantina Band.  It sounds like it is going to be totally awesome.  I am pretty sure Raina and I are going to head down there tomorrow night.  Anyone else is welcome to join us if you like, especially any other Star Wars fans such as myself.  It is close by in Westminster so join us as I go dream about all the art renderings that I wish I could buy and take home with me.  Sounds like a good time either way.
      I would also like to wish a happy birthday to a friend of ours who is living way out in the boonies of Michigan.  Jon Usborne, we are praying for a wonderful birthday and another amazing year that is blessed beyond your imagination.


This Day In History: 1940
American cartoonist Chuck Jones's Bugs Bunny first appears on the silver screen in A Wild Hare.  As in many future installments, A Wild Hare featured Bugs as the would be dinner for frustrated hunter Elmer Fudd.

Born This Day: 1906
Leo Durocher - American professional baseball player and manager. (Including the Dodgers)
1984? - Jon Usborne

"Happiness is made up of those tiny successes.... And if you don't collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don't really mean anything."
-Norman Lear




Big Olympic Fans and a Hurdle Fail.



No comments:

Post a Comment