Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day One Hundred Three

Dear Readers,
      Tonight was "date night" with the wife.  It was one wild and raucous evening.  We had a wild night of Chipotle for dinner.  Which happened to make a bad burrito for me.  About a third of the way into it, I got to a really salty/terrible tasting part.  I let Raina try it, she said it was a strong lime flavor.  Whatever it was, it was bad.  I couldn't finish it.  So I proceeded to ask for a refund.  I didn't want anything else from there because I didn't know what was causing it to taste so bad.  I didn't want the next food item to have the same problem.  It probably would have ruined any chance of me going back there.  So instead of getting more food from another place, we had desert.  I don't normally get desert, because I am usually too full from the meal.  Tonight, I had Yogurtland with my wife.  That place is fantastic.  If you have never been there, you are missing out.  You serve the yogurt yourself and put the toppings on yourself.  You can create it any way you want it and then pay for it by the ounce.  You don't have to worry about someone making it wrong and ruining it.  If it is wrong, you can only blame yourself.  If it isn't enough, you can only blame yourself.  Who doesn't like the idea of making it the way you want.  Forget Coldstone or Golden Spoon.  Who wants to rely on some guy or gal making less than ten bucks an hour to make it properly.  Just do it yourself.
      After our rowdy dinner and desert, we ventured to a rare place for us.  Our couch upstairs.  Yes, we came home to watch Modern Family and The Office.  That was our awesomely raucous date night.  Okay, it wasn't super lively, but that is the way we like it.  Just spending time together is the important part.  We don't have to do something super exciting to have a good time together.  Besides, we finished it off with nail biting battle of Scene It on the Xbox.  We went right down to the wire.  I beat Raina on the last question of the round to take the win.  If she had answered right too, she would have stayed ahead of me and won.  Thankfully, she got it wrong and allowed me the room to get ahead for the win.  I think she may have let me win because I guess I can be a poor sport sometimes. 
      Well, nothing super spectacular tonight after all.  Well, I shouldn't say that.  It was super spectacular to us.  Now we pack and get ready for bed.  Tomorrow we leave to Bullhead, Arizona.  Visiting a couple of friends for a baby shower.  Hoping for a safe trip in the rain and fun times while we are there.  Don't worry, the blog will go on.  It will probably be an early edition tomorrow, and then back to late night blog for Saturday.  As long as I get to vent my thoughts all over the internet.

This Day In History: 1945
Franklin D. Roosevelt, the longest serving president in American history, dies of cerebral hemorrhage three months into his fourth term.  His wife Eleanor cables her sons: "He did his job to the end as he would want you to do."

Born This Day: 1950
David Cassidy - American singer and actor (The Partridge Family)
1988 - Jefferson Shaver (Happy Birthday to my fellow bearded buddy!!)

"I would rather be right than be President."
-Henry Clay







How awesome can you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment