Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day One Hundred Nineteen

Dear Readers,
      My day with Justin Bieber.  Okay, not the real Bieber, just Raina's Godson, Micah.  He is staying the weekend with us while his parents celebrate their wedding anniversary.  They took a trip to a far away land called Costa Mesa.  So here we are watching the kid.  Although, he isn't such a kid anymore.  We have watched him grow up to a full grown boy.  He is in high school now.  Just another way of showing me how old I am.  I was his age when he was born.  Anyways, he has a Bieber hairstyle, which is why I call him that.  Also, while walking around the Block in Orange today, he heard a lady calling him Justin Bieber.  Plain proof that he has the hairstyle. 
      Raina woke up early this morning to make breakfast.  A healthy portion of eggs, potatoes, and delicious bacon.  The potatoes had El Pato sauce on them, making them tasty.  Add in some tortillas and salsa, you get party for your taste buds.  After taking care of some work calls and computer work, we left for some time wasting at the Block in Orange.  Actually, I am wrong.  They are now the Outlets at Orange.  I guess a name change will bring more customers.  I don't understand, that place is still really busy.  There is never any place to park remotely close to the entrances. 
      We had an exciting day of bowling at Lucky Strike.  The three of us were able to fit in two and a half games of bowling within one hour.  Speed bowling is always a good idea.  It eventually became a game of who could bowl the ball the fastest.  They had an indicator to tell you what speed the ball was going down the lane.  Micah was able to get his up to 19.5 miles per hour.  Pretty good for a small guy like him.  I am considerably bigger then him and I was only able to get an extra mile on that.  Micah totally worked us the first game and I was able to squeeze out a victory in the second game.  Raina and I were headed towards our best game, until time ran out.  Of course. 
      The absolute best part of the day though, was watching Micah squeeze into one of those little kid rides that are usually outside the front of markets.  You know, where you stick your kid in and a quarter and let them go for about one minute.  Except now I am guessing that it is closer to a dollar now.  It was really funny watching him trying to get in there and then have so much trouble trying to get out.  He is like a pet sometimes, around for my amusement.  I am guessing he will do at least one more thing to make me laugh before the night is out.  I will have to think about what I can convince him to do before the night is out.

This Day In History:  1967
Boxing officials yank Muhammed Ali's world boxing title for refusing military service.

Born This Day: 1926
Harper Lee - American author(To Kill a Mockingbird)

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read.  One does not love breathing."
-Harper Lee






Some pictures of our day, including Micah(Bieber) doing his contortion job.






 




















Here is also a soundbite of our friend Liz doing her rendition of the them song to Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers.  On Hey Tell.  Fitting, don't you think?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment