Friday, April 6, 2012

Day Ninety Seven

Dear Readers,
      Raina and I went to the Laker game tonight, with Brandon and Brooke.  It was a disappointing loss.  I can't say that I am a huge basketball fan, but enough of a fan to root for the Lakers and grasp most of the concepts.  My understanding of the game is far less than of football and baseball, but it is enough to keep me interested at a game.  The games are far more interesting when you are there, then for me to watch it on television.  Football and baseball, I could watch all day.  Not so much with basketball.  I guess that kind of goes along with what kind of sports I played growing up.  I have always been a terrible basketball player.  I have no idea what I am doing on the court.  I am at least mediocre at football and baseball.  I am even better at soccer than I am at basketball.  Anyways, we had a great time at the game, even though they lost.  At least the Dodgers are looking good.  Billingsley is primed for a big year, I can feel it.  We are on our way to a 162-0 year, as my buddy Josh Kimura says.  Hey, we can dream, and the dream is still alive as of now.
      Pretty short tonight.  We got home late and I have to get up early to hit the links.  Haven't been golfing in a while so it should be interesting.  Hopefully no broken foot this time, or no hitting the golf cart that is exactly 90 degrees away from me.  I still don't know how I did that.

This Day In History: 1896
The first modern Olympic Games open in Athens before a crowd of 60,000 spectators.

Born This Day: 1874
Harry Houdini (Erich Weiss) - Hungarian born American magician and escapologist.

"Patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweet."
-Mahatma Ghandi







Even though Brooke told me I couldn't post the picture with her in it, I am going to anyways.  She should know better than to tell me that.  I am more likely to do it after that.






I can't believe they lost while I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment