Monday, April 2, 2012

Day Ninety Three

Dear Readers,
      As I was taking a shower today, after my rough day at work, I was reminded of a comment my wife made about my shampoo.  She was talking to someone I can't remember, mentioning how my shampoo was fancy and expensive.  Then trying to reason why I couldn't just buy some cheap Head and Shoulders or something.  My shampoo isn't really that expensive, it isn't some super designer stuff that you can only get at a salon.  It is a six dollar bottle of Brilliant Brunette.  Granted, it isn't a very big bottle for the money you pay, but I don't really have too much hair on my head.  I actually think I now have more on my face then I do on the top of my head.  If you think about it, I may pay a little more, but it lasts me a lot longer because the lack of hair.  And yes, I am receding a little bit which makes it even less.  I have come to terms with that.  I realize now that I have inherited my dad's and paternal grandfather's hairline most likely.  Too bad it wasn't my maternal grandfather's, he still has a full head of hair and it didn't go grey until late in life.  He is eighty by the way.  Back to the shampoo.  I really don't think my shampoo is expensive considering the good job it does at washing my hair without giving me flakes.  I used to get flakes from my hair with other shampoos and I tried so many to get rid of them.  Even special dandruff shampoo just made it worse.  Until I came across this Brilliant Brunette, which makes sense since I am a brunette and maybe a little brilliant.  Okay, not the second part, but I know I am a brunette.  I have stuck to this shampoo for years now for the happiness of knowing I don't have flakes to worry about.  It made it terrible to wear dark shirts having to worry about flakes sitting on my shoulder.  So, well worth the exorbitant price of six dollars a bottle. 
      Thinking about it, if I didn't have to search for a certain type of shampoo, I would probably use whatever was the cheapest shampoo at the store.  Perhaps I would just use the bar of soap like I used to do.  I am not a really high maintenance kind of hygiene guy.  I will use whatever gets the job done.  It just so happens to mean using this certain shampoo to keep from getting flakes on my shoulder.  Everyone has their reasons for why they use what they use.  Sometimes it is a little on the ridiculous, especially with those people that may be a little OCD, but I think my reasons are very reasonable.  You tell me.  Am I being a little ridiculous spending six dollars a bottle on shampoo?  Should I be using something else?  Maybe one of you has a better product for me at a more affordable price.  I am open to any and all suggestions, or share one of your quirky products that you buy.  Thanks for reading about me talking about nothing important.

This Day In History: 1902
The first American theater devoted solely to movies opens in Los Angeles.  Housed in a circus tent, the venue was dubbed The Electric Theater.  Admission cost about 10 cents for a one hour show.

Born This Day: 1914
Sir Alec Guinness - English actor (Star Wars, The Bridge on the River Kwai)

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
- Sir Winston Churchill




Here is the shampoo that I use


This guy obviously hit a hydrant in the city I work at.  I am guessing he doesn't have a beard.  And I am thinking he is actually a she.  We had to go shut the water off, hence the picture I now get to share with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment