Monday, April 16, 2012

Day One Hundred Seven

Dear Readers,
      Why does spice make food so much better?  Especially a hot sauce of some sort.  If you ask my wife, she will tell you that I have to have some kind of hot sauce or crushed red pepper on every meal.  It simply makes food better.  To me at least.  I know I am not the only one out there that feels this way.  It isn't always the same hot sauce for every meal though.  There are different flavors for different kinds of food.  Tabasco for breakfast items, unless I have homemade salsa.  Fire sauce for Taco Bell.  Fire sauce also works for homemade sandwiches.  Siracha sauce for most any Asian style meal.  Especially on top of my wife's homemade Pad Thai.  Which I happen to be getting tonight for dinner.  Can't wait.  We just got a new bottle, just in time.  Crushed red pepper for pizza and lasagna and other pasta items.  Then there is a special sauce for Peruvian food.  Different ones at different restaurants.  I can only get them there and I have been wishing I could find some to buy and bring home.  Well now I can, sort of.
      Yesterday, Raina and I had dinner at my parents house to welcome back my brother in law, Matt, and our niece, Kailee.  They had been on a missions trip to Peru for the previous ten days.  Going around helping the poor and destitute and spreading the word of God.  Sounded like they had a really great trip.  I am hoping to get Kailee to guest blog to tell everyone about her trip.  Back to the point of the story.  We had dinner and they told us all about their trip.  Then they gave out a few gifts.  They really know me.  They brought me back a couple of special Peruvian hot sauce.  Matt had some out with his french fries so I could try it without knowing I was getting some.  It was awesome and I was already thinking about where I might be able to find it online to have it shipped to me.  Now I don't have to, at least for a little while.  We will see how long these two packs last for me.  I am guessing not very long.  It goes great with french fries, chicken, rice and I can't wait to try it on other things.  It is called Aji Molido and if you can get your hands on some and like hot sauce, I definitely encourage you to try it.  Again, why is spice so good?  It is an addiction for me and food without it is so bland to me.  There isn't anything like that kick it gives to your food.  It is like a party for your taste buds, and my taste buds want to rock and roll all night and party every day.  My colon isn't always so obliging, but it is worth it.  At least while I am healthy and ulcer free I will enjoy my spicy foods.

This Day In History: 1881
On the streets of Dodge City, Kansas, famous western lawman and gunfighter Bat Masterson fights the last gun battle of his life.  No one died.  Masterson turned to newspaper work, and died at his desk in 1921, in New York City.

Born This Day: 1867
Wilbur Wright - American aviator who pioneered piloted, powered flight with his brother Orville.

"Failure is unimportant.  It takes courage to make a fool of yourself."
-Charlie Chaplin




Special Peruvian goodness.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment