Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day Ninety Eight

Dear Readers,
      I am starting this way too late tonight.  I really need to make time for this earlier.  I don't think properly this late in the day and I probably sound like I am talking gibberish.  Being tired really messes up with your mind and your thinking process.  I find that all my great ideas that I come up with while it is late and I am tired generally sound pretty terrible the next day.  I guess I liken it to someone being drunk.  Those people think they are so smart at that moment and then you tell them the next day what they were saying and they can't believe it.  Everything sounds so much better until the next morning.
      Went golfing this morning at Fullerton Golf Course.  It was a great day of golf, relaxing at the pool for a few minutes and then off to an early Easter service at the fairgrounds in Orange County.  I was able to hear Francis Chan for the first time.  He was really good.  Even better then I had heard from other people.  If you have never heard of him, you should definitely look him up. 
      While golfing today, I totally saw a guy that was on Top Shot.  It is a competition show, all about shooting guns.  He was on season two.  I remembered him being a titled as a golf instructor on the show, which made me think it might be him.  So I called Raina and told her, which she confirmed by looking up and finding out he lived in Fullerton.  The very city I was golfing in.  After I was finished golfing, I was totally going to go over and talk to him about it.  Unfortunately, he was giving a golf lesson and I didn't want to interrupt the paying golfer.  Besides, he might have just been a jerk to me.  He was king of a jerk on the show.  You never know though, he might have given me a cool story or two about the show.  If I see him again, I will definitely stop him. 
      Golfing took extra long today.  There were so many slow golfers in front of us.  Why do really bad golfers take the longest time to take their shots?  I swear they would get better shots if they would just walk up and hit the ball.  You know they are taking that extra time and making it even worse on themselves by over thinking everything.  It almost never fails though, the longer a guy takes, the worse golfer he is.  The get their twenty practice swings and then walk up to the tee.  Then change their mind and want to reposition themselves, but before they do they have to take their practice swings again.  Then set up again and readjust their grip and feet position.  They look up at the course and then down at their ball and cycle between the two about ten more times.  Then finally take a huge swing and either top the ball and dink it forward about fifty feet, or they try to over muscle it and watch it fade the right far out of play.  Every once and a while you get the guy that actually pulls the ball.  Either way, people need to pick up the pace.  A game of golf that should have taken about four or four and a half hours turned into five and a half hours.  All because of slow people.

This Day In History: 1945
The Japanese battleship Yamato is sunk in Japan's counteroffensive in the struggle for Okinawa.  Ostensibly the greatest battleship in the world, it was struck by 19 American aerial torpedoes.  The death toll among its crew was 2,498.

Born This Day: 1860
W.K. Kellogg - American corn flakes tycoon.

"I usually get my stuff from people who promised somebody else that they would keep it a secret."
-Walter Winchell




I am pretty sure Randy Moss had a beard in his record breaking year.

No comments:

Post a Comment