Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day Sixty Two

Dear Readers,
      Another busy day, with a little time in the middle for a nap/watching Thor.  Went in to work today for a little bit of overtime.  Have to rack up that time now while I still can, before the furloughs come.  It was stinking windy today.  It made a beautiful sunny day into a cold miserable day at work.  We had to keep shielding ourselves from the dust flying into our faces.  After work, it was nap time.  I took a shower and comfortable on our awesome couch.  That couch is so comfortable, almost too comfortable.  There are times when you want to actually watch something, but it is so cozy you fall asleep.  I constantly fall asleep on that thing.  I didn't actually fall asleep this time, but it was close.  How can you really fall asleep while watching Thor?  What a great movie.
      After Raina came home, we left at about five to take her car to get some work done on it.  All the way in Whittier.  It took us a good hour to get there.  It is worth it though.  I have a guy, so to say.  He really takes care of me and I am so thankful for knowing him.  Especially since there is something constantly wrong with Raina's car.
      Then, dinner at Fortune Cookie.  Great Chinese food.  Right next to us in Los Alamitos.  Great atmosphere, great service, great food.  Usually.  Raina took me out on a date and tried to surprise me, by not telling me that Brooke and Brandon were going to be there.  I had a sneaky suspicion though.  I guess I just know her too well.  We stuffed ourselves on noodles, chicken and beef.  Then Raina took me to get some practice for softball.  Apparently I am a really bad player and she thinks I need some batting practice.  Yes, we went to the batting cages at Boomers.  It was actually really fun.  We hit slow pitch softball for a while, getting some good swings in.  It was great watching Brandon's pants fall lower and lower with every swing he took.  For some reason he thinks he is a gangster and wears his pants below his butt.  We both also did a round of thirty pitches in the 50 mph cage.  It has been so long since I have batted anything other than slow pitch, that the 50 mph seemed like 100 mph to me.  I completely whiffed the first ten pitches.  I finally got a piece of one and only got a few foul balls and a couple of grounders.  I did get one really good hit, my home run ball.  Just call me the Jack Cust of the cages.  If you don't know who Jack Cust is, he used to play for the Athletic's and would either strike out or hit a home run.  The only time he made contact, it went a long way.  The thing was, would he actually make contact.  That was me tonight.
      We also did some miniature golf of course.  Brandon beat me by one stroke.  It was so much fun watching Brooke bank her ball of the wall right back at herself, or roll it up the hill with just enough force to tease her and roll back down.  Not to say that it didn't happen to me too, it just seemed like it happened to her more.  Then, she does this thing where she gets down and tells us she can never make this shot and she might as well just quit.  Then, she makes it.  I will never play pool with her, she will con me I just know it.  All in all, a fantastic night with great company.  Can't wait to do it again sometime soon

This Day In History: 1927
American baseball legend Babe Ruth signs a three year contract with the New York Yankees worth $210,000, making him the highest paid player to that point in history.

Born This Day: 1904
Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back." 
- Paul Erdos




This is exactly what it is like


Some batting cage pics





No comments:

Post a Comment