Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day Seventy

Dear Readers,
      Today was a lazy day.  I really didn't do anything.  I spent time on the computer browsing different sites.  I caught up on some of my shows that were recorded on the DVR.  I played my newest game for Xbox, Mass Effect 3.  I did one load of laundry.  Then I took Raina's car back to Goodyear to get some work done on it.  The check engine light came on.  It has something to do with the catalytic converter that we had replaced just last year at Goodyear.  They haven't checked the car out today, otherwise they would have called me with a diagnosis.  I won't find out until Monday when they are open again.  It is just a bummer having to continually getting something fixed on that car.  I really can't wait for the day that I can replace it with something reliable.  Something that only needs the routine maintenance and not some big expense every three months.  I also went to eat Carne Asada Fries for dinner.  So good.  Only one thing left to do today after the blog.  I agreed to go with Raina to pick up some stuff left behind at a wedding she worked.  Raina works part time helping the same florist that did our wedding flowers.  Today was a wedding in Los Angeles and the stuff needs to be picked up tonight at 10:30PM.  So I am driving out to LA to go with her for the pick up.  We have to leave now, so I will be back to finish tonight's blog.
      Okay, I am back.  Now that it is 11:30 PM, I will finish with a short story that may make you laugh.  Raina and I were out to dinner with both our families.  My sister Yoli and her husband Matt.  My parents.  Raina's brother Brandon.  Raina's mom.  My younger sister Melissa.  It was a pleasant enough dinner, but no funny story to tell about our time sitting at dinner in Mimi's.  It was what happened immediately after.  My brother in law Matt had just exited the front door behind Raina and I.  He gave us this awkward cringed face and let out a huge fart.  At that very moment, Raina's entire family was walking out of Mimi's right behind Matt.  Not only did they get to hear the pent up fart that Matt had been holding in for an hour, but they got it face first.  I am sure it didn't smell like roses.  Mind you, this is back during one of Matt's first encounters with Raina's family.  He had pretty much just met them and this is the first impression they get from him.  It was awesome.  He was so embarrassed.  He could not have done it at a more perfect time.  It is one of those stories that Matt will never live down and for Matt, he has many of those stories.  This is just one that I share with the rest of the world.  Maybe more in the future.

This Day In History: 1964
The first Ford Mustang is produced, although the sporty little American car wouldn't be released to the public until April 16.  An enormous success, it brought in over a billion dollars in its first two years.

Born This Day: 1940
Chuck Norris - Bearded American actor and martial artist.

"Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris




This is my sister Yoli and me.  Yes I know, my stomach is bigger and I am not even the pregnant one.  That is changing now that I have officially signed up for the Spartan race.  Yes, she is the one married to the "Mimi's Farter".

No comments:

Post a Comment