Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day Seventy Four

Dear Readers,
      Have you ever had one of those shirts that is just really comfortable, or you just have a complete crush on it for some reason.  Then you end up wearing it all the time.  So much that people start to notice.  Get those strange looks from people every time you wear it.  Those accusing looks of "Didn't you wear that shirt the last two times I saw you?".  I know I have had one of those shirts.  That one shirt that fit perfect and was a favorite color or design.  You could wear it with pants or shorts, anytime of the year.  My sister Yoli has had one of those shirts.  I have picked on Matt quite a bit lately, so now I am going to pick on his wife, my sister.  Yoli had this black and grey striped shirt that she wore all the time.  I mean, all the time.  I swear there was a streak of at least five times where I saw that same shirt on her.  She must have loved that shirt and would still love to wear it, if I hadn't have given her such a hard time about it.  It was most definitely her favorite and her most comfortable.  My sister is like me, who needs style when comfort is so much better.  Comfort was that shirt's middle name.  There was a period of about eight months last year where she wore it at least every other time I saw her.  Now, I have given her such a hard time, with a little help from Raina, that she actually got rid of the shirt.  Just so we couldn't say anything about it.  I think she wore it enough times to break a Guinness World Record and have that shirt framed.  I probably would have done that if she hadn't have trashed it before I could get my hands on it.  In fact, I think she liked it so much that she bought another shirt very similar to it.  I saw her and she was wearing the Favorite Shirt 2.0 tonight.  Meaning the new one just like the old one.  At least it looks just like the old one to me.  Just without the fading and holes and maybe just a little different style then the old one.  Have to stick with what you love.  I am sure everyone has had one of these at some point or another.  Mine was just white t-shirts in general.  I went through a phase of wearing nothing but plain white t-shirts everyday.  I was so wizard.
      Something totally wizard did happen today as well.  We won our very first softball game.  It wasn't even an exhibition game, it was the real deal.  Although, I did hear one of the guys on the  other team say "Now we are all alone at the bottom".  I guess that means we were cellar dwellers with them until tonight.  It is an improvement for us.  I didn't play great.  I felt a little like Dee Gordon or Cesar Izturis out there tonight.  I couldn't get anything out of the infield, but I did beat out three out of four throws to first base.  They still count as base hits.  I might as well have bunted though.  Although, I am not sure bunting is even legal in this league.  Still trying to learn.  Oh well, a win is a win.  I will take it any way I can get it.
      Happy Birthday to my brother in law Matt Prainito and to a dear friend of mine and Raina's, Julie Shelton.  I almost said her maiden name, Gibson.  We wish you guys the best.

This Day In History: 1964
Jack Ruby, the Dallas, Texas, nightclub owner who killed Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy, is found guilty of the "murder with Malice" of Oswald and sentenced to die in the electric Chair.  It was the first courtroom verdict to be televised in the United States.

Born this Day: 1879
Albert Einstein
1977 - Matthew Prainito
1983 - Julie Shelton

"If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
-Albert Einstein








A true Viking Beard.  Maybe I should grow my hair out to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment