Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day Eighty Eight

Dear Readers,
      Hallelujah, is all I can say about the Dodgers finally dropping that dead weight of Frank McCourt.  I am so happy to be rid of him.  Only, I can't believe he is going to make out like a bandit after tarnishing the Dodgers legacy the way he did.  Two billion dollars!  That is a ton of money.  Even after paying off all his debt, paying off his wife in the divorce, and after buying back half the parking lot at Dodger stadium, he is taking home something over a billion dollars of his own.  I really hate that guy.  Glad to be rid of him and all the negativity he brought with him.  Now, I can end my boycott of Dodger games.  I can't wait to make it to a few games this year.  Maybe I will even be able to afford getting season tickets again in the next couple of years.  I can dream can't I?  It is a whole new era of Dodger baseball and it is being brought back by a Los Angeles guy.  Glad to be keeping it local, somewhat.  Out of the three finalists bidding for the Dodgers, the Magic Johnson group was the best option.  If there was some way to bring back the O'Malley family, I would have loved that, but I am pleasantly pleased with this second option.  Besides, if someone is going to spend two billion dollars on a team, you know they are going to spend some money on making that team better.  They didn't invest two billion dollars to let it go to waste.  You know they are in it for the long haul, to bring back the dynasty known as the Dodgers.  Imagine, a year where the Lakers and the Dodgers win the championship together.  I love LA.  I am definitely looking forward to seeing how things progress.  I sense big changes coming either this year or next.  Maybe a new general manager.  Hopefully a signing of a big free agent or a blockbuster trade at the deadline.  Only one more week until the season starts and I can't wait.
      Speaking of baseball, sort of, we had another softball game tonight.  It felt good to get out there after missing last week with that throat infection.  It is great that we are actually doing better too.  Yes, we are 2-1 in the last three games.  I think we may have a chance at making a run at winning our league.  We need to keep being smart and keep improving.  Playing our best ball at the end of the season.  Only three games left.  Today was a nail biter though.  We thought the game was over due to time, but there was like one minute left so the umpire called for another inning.  We couldn't believe it and had to go into the bottom of the last inning with a lead of four runs, and almost lost it.  They scored three runs and then had people on second and third with two outs.  Tying run and winning run in scoring position.  The last at bat was a fly ball that our two outfielders almost blew by running into each other.  Luckily they didn't and as the front guy missed catching the ball, the girl behind him reached up to snag it for the win.  The nerves were getting to our pitcher I think, so it was a good thing they got the out there or he might have had a break down.  Update for me, I had a base hit, a fly out, and a force out.  Scored one run and drove another one in.  No missed plays fielding today.  Thankfully. 
      I am going to have to do a Dodger special here pretty soon.  Baseball season is starting and it is my favorite season of the year.  Here comes pitching duels and home runs and manager battles.  Maybe even a pitch at a players head to send a message.  Best of all, here comes that beautiful voice of Vin Scully's.  It's time for Dodger baseball!

This Day In History: 72
Masada, the natural rock fortress in Israel, falls to the Roman army after its defenders take their own lives rather than be sold into slavery.

Born This Day: 1899
August Anheuser Busch Jr. - American beer baron

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."
- Ayn Rand




Beard, reason why he won 11 championships.  

No comments:

Post a Comment