Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day Eighty Four

Dear Readers,
      Last night, Raina and I went out with Jacob and Shawna again.  We went somewhere completely new.  We went to Stacked.  If you haven't been there, the food is really good.  You get exactly what you want.  Since you are the one putting in the order.  At every table, instead of a waiter or waitress taking your order, there is an iPad that you use to place all your orders.  It makes getting your drinks and refills really easy and really quick.  Instead of having to wait for your server to get your drink, which can take forever sometimes, you can place it as soon as you get to the table.  Raina and I timed it once, and we had a water refill brought to our table in about twenty seconds after entering it into the iPad.  I guess this is a possibility of what our future at restaurants are.  Imagine, every table at every restaurant with a computer on it.  Eventually, you will have to get up and get your own food when it is ready.  Just get rid of waiters and waitresses all together.  What is this world coming to?  It is another way of getting rid of social skills.  Just another way to enable those people who are anti-social.  I can see a possible future of everyone keeping to themselves and going through life without having to use almost any social skill.  All in all, it was a great time with great food and if your order is wrong, you can only blame yourself. 
      Tonight, we went to church.  Raina and I visited Calvary Chapel East Anaheim.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to hear the head pastor tonight.  It was still really cool, but our purpose was to see what a normal service would be like.  Instead, we were blessed with Ray Comfort and his 180 video.  I have only heard a little bit about it to this point.  Tonight was the first time I actually watched it.  If you haven't seen it, you really need to.  It is done really well and is really insightful.  Easy to find on youtube.  Ray really puts the concept of abortion into perspective and relates it really well to the holocaust.  It can really make you think and give good evidence to the evils of abortion.  I was really amazed during the video, seeing all those people who have no idea who Adolf Hitler was.  How far has education fallen?  It completely dumbfounds me.  These aren't people in the sticks either, these are people at Huntington Beach and Cerritos College.  In college for goodness sakes.  How far the education system has fallen.  That is why they need to hurry up and hire Raina, to get some good quality teachers out there.
      By the way, Ray Comfort had a beard tonight.  It was pretty awesome to see him with a face full of hair.  I had to point that out to Raina right away.  I am proud to consider him as a Brother Beard wearer.

This Day In History: 1942
American admiral Chester Nimitz is appointed commander in chief of the U.S. Pacific theater during World War II.  On the same day, the German Nazis start deporting Slovak Jews to the Auschwitz extermination camp in Poland.

Born This Day: 1930
Steve McQueen - American actor (The Great Escape, Bullitt)

"My brain is the key that sets me free."
-Harry Houdini

Here is the video I watched tonight.  Take some time and watch and share.





I don't think I will get it this long.  I wish though.

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered what Stacked was, Josh and I have to go... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog. Just so ya know and don't get all hurt because you don't always get responses. You big baby. Lol

    ReplyDelete