Monday, January 2, 2012

Day Two

Dear Readers,
      Thank you all to the immediate readers.  Before I begin, I have to make a correction on my last post.  It will not be 365 days but actually 366 days due to leap year.  Now, my first day at work with a clean shave was mostly comical.  No one there has ever seen me with a bald chin so needless to say that when I walked into work I got a room full of laughs.  I even got one fellow employee who could not stop staring at me all day out of shock of how differently I look to him.  Another person had to ask if it was me when I walked up.  I received an inquisitive "Ortega?".  The look on his face gave it away, he wasn't sure if it was me at first glance.  I couldn't get over how it feels like a permanent cool breeze is blowing on my chin.  Almost makes me feel naked to be without facial hair of some kind.  I really can't wait for the warmth that a full beard brings.  Although I may come to hate it in the middle of the hot summer.  We shall see I guess.
      The rest of my day mostly consisted of enjoying the Oregon Ducks put on an offensive masterpiece in the Rose bowl, taking down the stinking Badgers in the process.  I was somewhat disappointed at how the game ended, a little anticlimactic with Wisconsin making a clock management mistake to let time run out.  But I guess a win is a win and I'm not gonna complain about that.  Especially after having to deal with two straight BCS bowl game losses in a row the last two years.  All in all it was a great night.  We barbequed, had friends over and played a simple card game of "Apples to Apples".  My kind of night, especially since I didn't have to drive anywhere.
      I keep thinking I have to have a catch phrase or something to close out my post.  Something like in the movie Anchorman.  "Stay Classy San Diego".  What a great movie.  But I can't think of something awesome to close out my posts.  Maybe it will come to me in a dream or while I'm running.  Hopefully.
     
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment