Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Eighteen

Dear Readers,
      Last year, Raina and I started watching a show on HGTV called "House Hunters".  It is basically a show about different people who are looking to buy a house.  Whether they are first time buyers, buying to get a bigger house, looking to relocate, or simply want a vacation home.  The show is filmed all over the U.S.  I think we have seen enough episodes to almost cover all fifty states.  It was this show that inspired the possibility of moving out of state.  I was seeing so many awesome houses on the east coast that I would love to own, and they were affordable.  So much more affordable then here in Southern California.  Even with the recession, house prices are still higher than most other states.  I especially liked the idea of having a basement, which I saw all over North Carolina.  I went back and forth with Raina about where we could move to, if I decided that was the route we were going to go.  It came down to North Carolina, Connecticut, Massachusetts, or move to Ireland and own a pub and grill/sheep farm.  Okay, maybe not that last one.  I was even able to convince some of our friends and family to jump in on the idea of moving.  We could all migrate together like birds.  All those places on the east coast seem like beautiful places to live.  A different change of pace.  I like the idea of everything moving just a little bit slower.  Wouldn't it be cool to actually see stars at night.  It is a little hard to see them here through the smog.  Maybe it is just the idea of change itself.  Change is more often a good thing.  We change all the time to improve ourselves.  Change our jobs for better pay or something more enjoyable.  Change our lifestyle to improve our health or to better utilize our time.  Change in scenery to get away from things that are dragging you down.  Who knows, maybe a move would be a good change.  I think it would just be cool to do something different.  I could be happy with a change of scenery every few years.  I think the only thing I would like to take with me are the relationships I have built along the way.  It would be hard leaving family and friends, but  not the scenery.  So who knows, maybe I can convince enough of you out there to take the trek with Raina and I to Connecticut.  Maybe Hartford or Stars Hollow. (Raina's choice.  She watches too much Gilmore Girls)  Wouldn't it be so neat to try something completely different then what you are doing right now.  Take a leap of faith and see what the future could have for you somewhere else.  It very well could be the best decision you ever made.  You don't know unless you try.
                                                    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"


Yes, he whupped on the Russian after training with a beard


I'm ready for it

4 comments:

  1. So where and when are we all moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, you are correct. You must be open to where God leads you, whether that is Connecticut, Maine, Texas or Arizona. God can do amazing things when we allow Him to stretch us. It requires total dependance on Him. Let me tell you, there's a whole big world outsode of SoCal & it's nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the worse blog i've read so far! This idea is worse than your starting a band idea on the toilet! I need my Raina close!!! My sister is in NC and can't wait to come back to Cali, she has been there for about four years now. My ex roomie also moved to NC. He has been there for about two years now and is still adjusting. Stay in CALI!!!

    ReplyDelete