Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day Three

Dear Readers,
      I'm going to set another disclaimer.  English was my worst subject in high school, so I am not trying to make my blog grammatically correct.  I know I probably have run-ons, fragments and misspelled words, but I don't care.  I write what pops into my head.  I write the way I talk I suppose.  The other thing is that my mind wanders and I have a hard time staying on subject.  So if I jump from subject to subject I hope you either enjoy it that way or you will bear with me.  One other thing is that I have a terrible memory and I will probably repeat things in my blog.  I can barely remember what I was doing an hour ago.
      What is the huge fascination with Facebook.  I don't see it.  The day I started this blog I also started a Facebook page to make it easier to let everyone know about it.  Within one minute, literally one minute, I received a "friend request".  I was flabbergasted.  I created my Facebook page at around 11PM and then went to bed.  I woke up at 5:30AM to ten "friend requests" messages on my phone.  Do people think about Facebook 24/7?  It was the middle of the night, only six and a half hours.  I just don't get it.  I watched that movie "The Social Network" and it made me not want to have one even more.  I'm pretty much totally against it, but here I am "doing as the Romans do".  It's my experiment for the year to go along with my beard. I keep telling myself that I'm going to delete it at the end of the year the same way I pretty much plan on deleting the beard.  Who knows though, I may become addicted.  To one or the other or maybe both.  It may become like a drug for me and I will finally understand.  I refuse to believe that with Facebook though, maybe the beard.  I grew it out once before for four months and I was pretty sad to see it go.  I would love to hear your comments about my Facebook feelings from all you Facebookers out there.  I guess I shouldn't say "you Facebookers" since I have now joined the ranks, although I don't really count myself among you yet.
      Not much change on the beard front.  It's just sandpaper on my face for right now.  My wife hates the way it feels right now.  She swears she is bleeding after I kiss her.
      A friend of Raina, my wife, and I came by tonight.  Trying to figure out what she is doing with her life.  Still haven't gotten a definitive answer from her.  I don't think she knows what's going on.  She's single for all you eligible bachelors out there, but you have to be a better man than I have ever been to be worthy of her.  I don't think there is anyone following this blog that fits the description.
      I am posting a picture of what I hope to have for a beard by the end of the year.  Don't know if I will get that far, but I would be ecstatic if it was.  Here's hoping.    
       I decided that my "cool" endquote for my blog is gonna be something goofy and different every time I post something new.  Therefore I will start tonight.

      Catchphrase!
                                                                      I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment