Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day Thirty

Dear readers,
      I have left the sunshine state and entered the state of eternal gloom and rain. Yes, I am in Seattle. Raina and I are tagging along with my sister and brother in law for an overnight trip. Unfortunately though, I didn't bring my laptop because I thought I could use the ones here at the hotel, but they only have Internet explorer and it doesn't support the website I use for the blog. So I am using my brother in laws iPad to post a short message. It is pretty difficult to type with this thing. It feels like I am back in high school before I knew how to type. Using the one finger method to tap the letters. I will also have to post my pictures tomorrow since they are on my hard drive back at home.
      I have never been to Seattle, so it was really cool for me. I was able to see them throw the fish at the Fish Market. I was wondering what would happen if one of the guys dropped a fish. Would he get fired right away or would they wait until Friday so as less likely to make a scene? I wonder if it is a prerequisite to applying for the job? Do they have to be tested before they can work there or is there a training that you have to go through? So many questions. Tomorrow will be about my trip and a double picture post. I am really bummed about not having my history information to allow you guys to get a little bit of culture in your life.

This Day In History: 1917
The first jazz recording is made in New York City, featuring five jazz innovators calling themselves the Original Dixieland Jazz Band.

Born This Day: 1882
Franklin D. Roosevelt  32nd U.S. President

"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
- Thomas Henry Huxley

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Yoli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vargas Familia!! xoxo We had a blast in Seattle! Dave and Raina want to move there!

    ReplyDelete