Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day One

       It started with my wife allowing me to grow my beard out last summer.  I really thought it was the coolest thing I had ever done. So, I made a deal with my wife, Raina, that if I ran a half marathon with her then I could grow my beard out for the whole year of 2012. Well hear we are in 2012 and I am training for the longest run of my life while at the same time starting my new life growing a beard.  This still may turn out to be a failed project for me since I still have to run the half marathon on Super Bowl Sunday in February and I have yet to make it any further than six miles.  And that six miles is a struggle.  Not to mention I haven't ran for two weeks due to the holidays. I ran two miles today and nearly threw up by the end of it.  Well I'm not much of a writer or one to convey my thoughts especially well, but I plan on keeping this public journal of my journey through a year of growing a beard and all the hazards that come with it.  Including dealing with my beautiful wife who happens to hate facial hair other than my goatee.  So hear goes.

       To start this process properly I have completely shaved my face.  Something I haven't done in so long that I can't remember the last time I could feel my bare chin. I want to say it was high school or soon thereafter.  Which is a long time for me considering I graduated back in 2000.  For 365 days no razor, beard trimmer, scissors or knife will cut the hair from my face.  And I will blog about it.  I have never done this before and hopefully it is somewhat enjoyable to read for a few people out there.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it little brother! Matt says you are his hero!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared what your wife will do to you in the middle of the night when your beard starts to attack her!!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete