Monday, January 16, 2012

Day Sixteen

Dear Readers,
      Today at work I listened to sports radio every time I was driving in my work truck.  I can't believe how much everyone is hating on the possibility of my 49ers making it to the Super Bowl.  I was thinking how awesome it would be for a brother against brother Super Bowl.  I'm talking about Jim Harbaugh of the 49ers and John Harbaugh of the Ravens and  a possible showdown on Super Bowl Sunday.  A match up of brother Head Coaches has never happened.  I thought for sure it would be a compelling storyline.  For some reason, everyone was pushing a rematch of the Patriots versus Giants Super Bowl of four years ago.  Who really wants to see that again?  That was such an awesome storyline and game back then, why relive that in such a totally different setting.  I think it would be a much better game with the awesome defenses that the 49ers and Ravens have.  It takes you back to what football is all about.  Everyone thinks that you have to have a gunslinging quarterback and a high powered offense to win.  They thought the Saints and Packers were too good offensively to be beaten.  Then, good old fashioned hard nosed defensive football showed up and proved them all wrong.  Offense wins fans, defense wins championships.  I'm ready for some smash mouth, hard hitting football this coming Sunday and I hope you are too.
      Last August my sister, her family, my wife and I went to Washington D.C. and Williamsburg, Virginia.  It was my first time in D.C.  We had a great time and if you can believe it, I spent one whole day in the American History museum in the Smithsonian.  If you can't tell, I love American history, especially World War II.  There is so much to tell about that trip, but I am going to share a specific story about my sister Yoli.  One night in Williamsburg, we all went to dinner at the Cracker Barrel.  Their food is delicious.  On this particular night, my brother in law Matt was not really that hungry, but ordered something anyways.  While Yoli ordered chicken dumplings and mashed potatoes, Matt ordered an open faced roast beef sandwich.  Yoli was enjoying her dinner, until she tried Matt's sandwich, then it was all over.  I have never seen my sister pout about her food, but that night she did.  She claims that she always orders the best item when trying a new place, or at least enjoys her's the best.  This time though, Matt obviously ordered something my sister was jealous of.  It was so funny the way she fished her fork through her dinner, barely taking bites of her food.  I swear she was about to push the plate away in disgust.  Then Matt, claiming he was full and didn't want anymore, offered the rest to Yoli.  She didn't waste a moment, and went right after the Matt's food.  Leaving her food for someone else to eat.  If you have never seen a grown woman pout, it can be the funniest thing to see.  Like I said, I had never seen her do that, about dinner of all things.  So if you ever have the pleasure of having dinner with Yoli, do not order something better than her.  You will pay for it.  Hehehehe.
                                                      The Beard Demands Respect!


Soon it will be like this


Only a bearded man like this could raise the awesome Indiana Jones






By the way, I am running out of cool bearded pictures and would love to post some of your ideas out there.  If you have anything, mention it in the comments or email me.   dortega32@hotmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Lol I'm not sharing with Yoli :). Ps love the pic and as usual love the read

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, I will be careful on future trips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an awesome sandwich. Poor Yoli!! She'll never live that down. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol... I know a woman who won't order until everyone else has ordered... Probably for the same reason... Doesn't want to be out-ordered. Anyway, check our the group the Brotherhood of the Beard on Facebook... I'm sure you'll find some good bearded inspiration there. :D ...and maybe some more faithful followers.

    ReplyDelete