Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Four

Dear Readers,
       Running is going to be the death of me.  I made it three miles today, just barely.  In high school I never came close to that feeling of needing to throw up during "Hell Week" that so many people talk about, but today I was definitely getting to that feeling at mile marker two.  Does this mean I'm getting old, or am I just that completely out of shape.  I hope it's the out of shape part because I hate the idea of getting old.  Now to the reason why my wife is allowing me to grow this beard out.  I had to make a deal with her to make it happen.  I run a half marathon with her and I get a beard for a year.  The long long run is Super Bowl Sunday and I'm starting to wonder if I'm gonna make the thirteen and a half miles.  I have to do it though, I'm not gonna grow the beard for a little over a month for nothing.  Not to mention shaving my face completely clean for the first time in about ten years.  I have made it six miles without stopping but that was before the holiday layoff I allowed myself to have.  I feel like I'm starting all over again.  I can't believe how far I have fallen off in just three weeks .  Why does it have to be so much easier to get out of shape than in it.  Life is harsh.  By the way the picture today was taken immediately after my run.
     I pose a question to anyone willing to respond.  My father-in-law told my wife, and I quote, "Anyone that can write that much about totally irrelevant stuff is either a moron or nuts".  So which one am I?  Or is what I am talking about actually relevant?  I'm ready for any harsh criticism or wonderful compliments. 
      May the beard be with you, always.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't thinking so much a moron or nuts but I did think somewhere in reading day 3 "I would hate to be in his brain, he has a lot of random things going on in there"….and I'm someone who usually always wants to know what people are thinking, so take that however you like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Anna…lol, I have no idea how to change my name

    ReplyDelete