Monday, February 6, 2012

Day Thirty Seven

Dear Readers,
      Gonna be a short one today.  I woke up extra early this morning.  Not by choice.  I woke up with major stomach pains.  Enough to keep me awake since about four this morning.  I have been in and out of the bathroom all day too.  I already had the day off work, I didn't need to be sick to miss today.  It has been a pretty terrible day.  Pretty much just watched TV and tried to get as much sleep as possible.  Trying to recover from our run at the same time.  So not only have I had a sore and aching body, but I have to be sick on top of that.  It kind of stinks having to pretty much stay in bed all day.  Not the day off I envisioned.  Such is life.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I will have more to write about.

This Day In History: 1868
Uncle Sam - the stern, bewhiskered symbol of American patriotism - makes his first appearance, as a character in a  Thomas Nast illustration for Harper's Weekly.

Born This Day: Aaron Burr
Third U.S. vice president, who killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel.

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
- Ingrid Bergman



Just thought it was funny

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Mr. David we are so late in posting. Amelia and I get such a kick out of you...especially your pics. I hope you can somehow preserve this to show to your kids someday. They will love it!

    I was so happy to see the pics of you and Miss Raina at the race. We are proud of you both! You did it and you did it well. Good job Ortegas! Here's to making this run a tradition :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the support. Raina and I especially appreciated it on race day. Wish I could have seen the poster. And I'm not so sure about the tradition. Raina needs to do a little more convincing.

      Delete