Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day Forty

Dear Readers,
      Another milestone day.  The big four zero.  Forty days that is, I am not turning forty years old.  I haven't even hit thirty yet.  Soon though.  I have created a little something at work.  I have noticed about four other guys growing their beards.  Some in solidarity and others just because.  Either way, I am trying to get everyone to grow it.  We can be the bearded department, the department that is made of true men.  Beard is beautiful.  Beard and proud.  Not just manly men, but Beardly Men.  I am still counting on all you men out there to join my cause. 
      The only thing the beard can't seem to protect me from is getting sick.  I am still feeling the effects from being sick on Monday.  I am mostly better it seems, but I still have stomach cramps.  Not so bad that I can't make it through the day.  It is just a constant numbing pain.  There will be periods of an hour or so where I will feel fine and then another hour with constant pain.  I told my wife about it as I was coming home and she claimed that I was having "my time of the month".  Is this what it is like for women?  Because it sucks.  It isn't unbearable, but it is just constant throughout the day.  I just deal with it.  It is messing with my appetite though.  I am not enjoying my meals like I used to.  When am I ever going to get better?  This is just proof for Raina who is always saying that I have a "time of the month" and I always deny it.  Now she is going to bring this up in the future every time it seems like I am in a bad mood. How I had "cramps" and it proves her theory.  Brother.  Should I take some Midol or something?  Which makes me wonder if the rumors are true.  Will it actually turn my urine blue if I do take it?  So many questions.  And please, no cracks on how this is me somehow getting in touch with my "feminine" side.  While the beard is in place, there is no feminine side.  The beard negates it.  It's a proven fact.  But, I will take any home remedy answers you might have.

This Day In History: 1567
Lord Darnley, the second husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, and father of King James VI of Scotland and King James the I of England, is strangled to death and his house blown up in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Born This Day: 1773
William Henry Harrison - Ninth U.S. President, who caught a cold on inauguration day and died 30 days later, the shortest term of any U.S. president.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
-Mae West




Yes, even Superman gets cooler with a beard

6 comments:

  1. Man- I hope u feel better David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding... it... in....!!!!

    Maybe your body is just hating you for what you did to it on Sunday. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you are "Holding... it... in....!!!!" and if I had two kids with one on the way I would have quit after one. So, I commend you on your efforts.

      Delete
  3. p.s. I am very impressed with your blogging streak! I only made it 7 days so far. I have good excuses though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is really irritating. A good website with interesting content, {that is} what I need. Thanks for keeping this web site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
    ACHLA Designs GG-05 Country Cottage Garden Gate Fencing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying my stories and rants. Hope to keep hearing from you in the future. I don't have a newsletter and had never thought about it until now. It is something to look into. Thanks for the comments.

      Delete